Tuesday, April 30, 2013

April Showers Brings Flutterbug Plaque



April
April is a very special month for me.  It was the month in which I first became a mother.  I have two beautiful daughters both born in April and they are certainly April Showers, full of lots of love and joy.  They are each distinctly different, but loving in many ways.  
I created this Flutterbug Plaque for my Karla "K" who turned 17 this April and I wanted her to know that she can always do whatever she sets her heart to do as long as she "BELIEVES"!!!!!
So, as you can see there are so many April Shower surprises for me.  I made my plaque using various supplies and the wood plaques are from ADORNit!
My Springtime Flutterbug Medley Wall plaque is cute for any young lady and very easy to make!
april2
April4

Material used:

Buttons Galore & More Products used:

Directions:

Once  you have gathered all your supplies, you can begin to transform the scalloped frames into something totally cute and ready for Spring.
April instructional material
STEP ONE:
Start by tracing the large scalloped wood frame into you paper of choice.    Be sure to trace on  the back side of the paper.
instructional material3
Once you have both frames the large and the small scalloped frames traced like you see above you can begin to cut.
STEP TWO:
Cut the frames that you just traced and you can use an Xacto knife for the harder to cut places or your Friskar Scissors.
Instructional Material 4
STEP THREE:
Apply Beacon 3 – in -1 adhesive or Zip Dry they both work just as good to your decorative paper and adhere to the scalloped frames.  A good tip is to use a sanding block to sand off the edges of the paper that may hang from the edges.  This also gives it a more distressed look!  Once you have distressed with the sand block use a Distressing Ink like Tim Holt’s to distress the edges of the frames/paper.
STEP FOUR:
Distress the Edges once they are all adhered to the wood frame.
STEP FIVE:
My favorite part is decorating.  These are 3D frames from Want2Scrap and I painted and applied glitter and glue.  I also used Buttons Galore and More Flutterbug Medley Buttons to accent the plaque and threaded a piece of seam binding to the buttons.
Instructional material 5
I used my Fiskar scissors to cut out another piece similar to the one above to give it the dimensional look.
Finally, to top finish this project I added a few of my favorite things, which are buttons, bling, and seam binding.  I gathered a few buttons that I had laying around added that along with Want2Scrap Musical Chef charm.

1 comment :

  1. Llego por primera vez a tu espacio, me maraville con todo lo que vi, es alucinante ver como trabajas el scrapp, me encanto.
    Desde ya me hago tu seguidora.
    Desde SALTA, ARGENTINA un abrazo GRACIELA

    ReplyDelete

¡Anímate a comentar! Tu opinión es muy importante